Thursday 24 March 2011

Audrey Niffenegger Quotes

"Don't you think it's better to be extremely happy for a short while, even if you lose it, than to be just okay for your whole life?" 

"There is only one page left to write on. I will fill it with words of only one syllable. I love. I have loved. I will love."  

"We laugh and laugh, and nothing can ever be sad, no one can be lost, or dead, or far away: right now we are here, and nothing can mar our perfection, or steal the joy of this perfect moment." 

"I won't ever leave you, even though you're always leaving me."
"It's hard being left behind. (...) It's hard to be the one who stays."  
"I wanted someone to love who would stay: stay and be there, always."

"Why is love intensified by absence?" 

"Maybe I'm dreaming you. Maybe you're dreaming me; maybe we only exist in each other's dreams and every morning when we wake up we forget all about each other." 

"Time is priceless, but it’s Free. You can't own it, you can use it. You can spend it. But you can't keep it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back." 

"Chaos is more freedom; in fact, total freedom. But no meaning. I want to be free to act, and I also want my actions to mean something."  

"....I want to tell you, again, I love you. Our love has been the thread through the labyrinth, the net under the high-wire walker, the only real thing in this strange life of mine that I could ever trust. Tonight I feel that my love for you has more density in this world than I do, myself: as though it could linger on after me and surround you, keep you, hold you." 

"Right now we are here, and nothing can mar our perfection, or steal the joy of this perfect moment." 
 "..that's what I love you for: your inability to perceive all my hideous flaws.. 
......It’s hard being left behind. I wait for Henry, not knowing where he is, wondering if he’s okay.It’s hard to be the one who stays.I keep myself busy. Time goes faster that way I take walks, I work until I’m tired. Everything seems simple until you think about it...Why is love intensified by absence?

No comments:

Post a Comment